The South Central Committee on Family Violence, Inc. exists so there will be:
- Empowerment for women and children to connect to their personal power,
- Resources for women in abusive situations,
- Assistance in reaching goals,
- Safety for women and children in facility and protection planning,
- Education to the community to decrease the incidence of abuse,
- Support for women and children 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to help them make informed choices
That physical, emotional, sexual, and economic abuse toward another individual is violence. Such violence is damaging and contrary to standards of reasonable behaviour in our communities. We consider such violence to be the concern of all members of our society. We believe that victims and abusers should receive the assistance/support of their communities in the changes they choose to make.